Tuesday 2 October 2012

Games Night Interlude

Friday night so me playing Descent 2nd Edition for a group of 4 other players (Joel, Ross, Richard S and Richard G) at the Totnes Board Game Group, it was a seperate night to the usual to allow us to concentrate on running a campaign.

As the game was mine I was the Overlord and after 30 minutes of rules explaining, choosing of charcters and ordering of pizzas by some of the group, we were off.

First Blood the introduction encounter was first, and the players quickly scooped up the search tokens, devasted the goblins and set to work on the Ettins.

After a brave stand by the Ettins, the Mauler finally fell.

Well actually it was a desperate stand by the Mauler and the players kicked my......

They chose the Masquerade Ball as the next encounter and after a bit of shooping, a travelling round that saw me add 3 Overlord cards to my hand we were off....

Again my fault I didnt take notice of a skill card that was purchased which gave a charcter a blast attack with his rune weapon, which also had pierce +2 surge ability, which ignores 2 shield results on defense dice.

So 3 Spiders went on the first turn of the first character, the other 2 were soon dispatched.

This caused me a lack of troops for the first encounter, although I then charged my ettins forward , revealing some melders as they went, the players got one guest off and I got another off, but by then I was left with very few figures and it was a choice to either stay and fight or run off with another guest with some of my figures, good placing of the characters saw them block the progress of the Ettins, although two of the heroes were knocked out in quick succession thanks to the use of overlord cards, they players quickly finished me off and were lucky with the dice role, they manage to rescue the guest.... But for part two of the encounter they are heavily wounded so we shall see in a fortnight, the battle was over but not the war.....

Then as Ross had to leave, we had a quick game of Dominion using the prosperity set, it took about 30 minutes and Richard S was very victorious, the set of cards which were used allowed him to burn through lower coinage and gain higher level coins quickly and so he purchased colonies more quickly then we all realised, it was only my second game and I am intrigues to play with different set ups of cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment