Thursday 17 January 2013

The perils of the trademark

What an intriguing title.

Well I had an inkling that the title of my Super Hero game was not going to be possible and it turns out that may be the case.

SuperHero Dice:Roll into Action a great title for a game, BUT Marvel and DC have trademarked a couple of different words, mainly Super Hero and SuperHeroes and this means that any variation on these might fall foul of them, even more so if the product is Super Hero related.

So a change of name is called for, but what to go for:

Hero Dice:Roll into Action

Legion of Primus: Hero Dice

Legion of Primus: Roll into Action

The Legion of Primus are a group of good super heroes in the game.

Of course for some of the heroes they had working names and now checking a cool site that contains just about any super hero created, of course several of my ones are already taken, so back to the thinking corner for me.

I have seen the first colour images of the first wave of heroes and one villian, more shading and effects are being added and I hope to see them again on Sunday.

The other big news is the game is evolving due to playtesting and the creation of the 2nd wave powers.

So a board is going to be added to the game, it will be a hex board and simulate a battle arena.

It just made so much more sense with powers that can push back, block routes etc otherwise some of the heroes powers would have been to samey.

My graphic designer is unaware of the new board at the moment but I'm sure he will love the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment